The Facilities Task Force will hold a special meeting on July 16, 2015 at Ft. Lauderdale High School at 7 p.m. The meeting is currently scheduled to be held in the training room on the third floor of the Administration Building. The school’s address is 1600 NE 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305.
The primary purpose of the meeting is to discuss the proposed 2015 – 2016 DEFP (district educational facilities plan) which is scheduled for its first public hearing before the school board on 7/21/15. Omar Shim from Capital Budget to attend.
Other topics for discussion will include the following:
- Policy 7003/7003.1 (Subcommittee meeting 6:30 p.m.)
- Organizational Chart
- Approved 6/23/15 except for chief fire official
- Design Build RFPs
- Parkland modular selection process update
- Proposed bundling RFP to go before the board 7/28/15
- Program Manager Selection update
- Cost and Program Controls PM recommendation now Atkins North America Inc.
- (watch committee meeting on BECON
- Bond Committee update
- Stranahan HS – No Upgrades for a year – 07/15/15
- 2015 – 2016 Meeting Dates
- Next regular meeting 8/6/15, 7 p.m. Plantation HS
We will be meeting Monday, April 27th at 7 p.m. at Plantation High School Media Center. The purpose of the meeting is to begin reviewing Policy 7003, and related policies 7003.1 and 3320.
Discuss specific observations and potential problems related to Policy 7003: Pre-qualification of contractors and selection of architects, engineers, design builders, construction managers, and total program mangers pursuant to the consultants competitive negotiation act for the purpose of providing recommendations for policy changes.
This first meeting will focus on policy clarification, specifically as it pertains to 1) the types of services subject to policy 7003, and 2) the related district procedures. The meeting will also examine recent policy application to recent Design-Build and Program Manager procurement and selection processes.
Click here for the AGENDA and related DOCUMENTS
Get caught up on the relevant emails: